96DB Single Driver Decware High Definition Towers – $650 Priced for fast sale

Home Forums Buy and Sell Locally 96DB Single Driver Decware High Definition Towers – $650 Priced for fast sale

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ultracraig 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

ultracraig
    Participant

These speakers go for $2695 new + shipping. I had them built by a professional furniture maker so they are completely to spec based on plans I purchased from Decware. Later I upgraded them to the HDT II design, which improved the bass output.

These speakers have what I would call a semi-open design, meaning they look like towers, but have passive radiators on the sides of the chamber behind the driver. This gives the speakers a more open sound. Inside, the path is folded, so the bass response is quite good (can rattle loose objects in room with the right music).

These speakers would be a great way to try out the sound of a single driver system. They have custom Fostex drivers from Decware which don’t have the “shout” of Lowthers.

Specs for each speaker:

Weight: 70 lbs (32 kg)

length: 13.5 inches (34.3 cm)

width: 13.5 inches (34.3 cm)

height: 38 inches (96.5 cm)

–craig

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  ultracraig.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  ultracraig.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    anomaly7
    anomaly7
    Participant

They look well made and should move quickly. Do you have pictures of the top of the speakers? What’s happening with that little shelf on top. Is there an opening there?

David

ultracraig
    Participant

Hi David and everyone,

Below you can find an image of the tops. There is an opening in the cabinet that is covered by the shelf. The PDF below has a visual looking down on the top and explains the cabinet design better than I can.

cheers,

–craig

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ultracraig
    Participant

SOLD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.