Acoustic Zen Adagio – Mappa Burl

Home Forums Buy and Sell Locally Acoustic Zen Adagio – Mappa Burl

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by darkj darkj 5 months ago.

• Author
    David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

(re-posting for darkj)

Acoustic Zen Adagio Speakers in gorgeous Mappa Burl – SF Bay Area

These magnificent speakers have been my constant companion for the last several years and have rewarded every equipment upgrade I’ve thrown at them. They sound good no matter what you use to drive them, and the more resolving the equipment the more you appreciate just what these gems can do. 89 dB efficiency means you can drive them with anything from a relatively low-powered tube amp to a megawatt monoblock.

They are in beautiful condition except for one side of one speaker which was damaged moving from one room to another. Because of the wood grain and placement of damage in the rear corner, I’ve never had anyone else notice it, but it’s quite noticeable if you approach them from behind. These are $4300 speakers which compete with speakers twice their price – I had to go to the $11,000 Vandersteen Quatro Wood to do better. At $1200 I’m obviously pricing them for quick sale.

I have the original boxes and will ship, but prefer a local sale. Local audition and pickup in lovely Walnut Creek, CA, is welcomed. I’m about a 30-60 minute drive away from San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento.

jazzfan
    jazzfan
    Participant

Wow! These are beautify speakers for an amazing price. I’m tempted, but I don’t have the room. These should go quickly to a very lucky buyer.  Best of luck with the sale.

darkj
      darkj
      Participant

Thanks. I hope they make someone happy. Maybe I should ask for more for them, but I feel like I got my value out of them and it’s time for them to enrich someone else. Yes, they are terrific sounding speakers and you can’t touch them for the price.

darkj
    darkj
    Participant

Sold.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.