Anyone with Vandersteen Treo or Quatro?

Home Forums Help Needed Anyone with Vandersteen Treo or Quatro?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by David Snyder David Snyder 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
    darkj
    darkj
    Participant

I’m looking for a new speaker to replace my very good Acoustic Zen Adagios. Must be made in America, should give a larger sense of scale than my Adagios, and still have the resolution and unfatiguing nature. My price range is $4-8K.

On my short list:

Wilson Sophia II (used)

Vandersteen Quatro/Treo (I may be able to get industry accomodation on these)

Devore O/96’s (although I wasn’t overwhelmed when I heard the o/93’s.

Anyone here have these speakers who might allow for an audition? Any other comments on speakers I should consider?

thanks,

John

David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

There are sooo many great loudspeakers in this price range. Ones that I have heard recently that fit your description, “have the resolution and unfatiguing nature” include the Legacy Audio Classic HD and Signature SE. I heard them at Destination HiFi in LA.

The Classic HDs actually sound surprisingly similar to the FOCUS SEs that I have in my listening room, so you’re welcome to come by for a listen to get a sense of what they sound like.  Just send me a private message if you’d like to sync up.

darkj
    darkj
    Participant

Hi David, I would love to take you up on that. Indeed I was looking at the Legacy Signature SE. High efficiency, handles very low frequencies, a good size. On paper it’s perfect, but when I’ve heard Legacies at shows, I haven’t liked them. However, I know that what you hear at a show is not what you hear at home…

My electronics are all Pass Labs, inlcuding the XA-30.8 which I love, so I would prefer an efficient speaker like that.

I’ll PM you about a listen, if you don’t mind.

David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

Sounds good.  Looking forward to hosting the audition and meeting you.  Cheers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.