Audio Research D70 Mk II Tube Power Amp

Home Forums Buy and Sell Locally Audio Research D70 Mk II Tube Power Amp

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Jay_S Jay_S 1 year ago.

• Author
    Jay_S
    Jay_S
    Participant

Audio Research D-70 II Power Amp

For sale is my Audio Research D-70 II, a 65 watt per channel stereo power amp. This 50 pound all-tube amp uses 5 6550s (Svetlanas currently installed) and the 13-tube complement also includes premium Amperex Bugle boy 6922s in the gain stage.

This amp has been very reliable (I don’t over-bias and I make sure that the ventilation is good) and has a sweet midrange and a smooth and detailed high end.

The Absolute Sound, in its article about the ten most significant amplifiers of all time, said that the D70 was the amp that established forever the hallmark “high definition” sound of an Audio Research amplifier.

I’m selling because I want to consolidate my power amp collection (2 tube and 1 solid state) and I suffer from a touch of upgraditis.

My listening room is about 550 square feet and this tube amp drives my Vandersteen 5 speakers (87db / 1 meter) with all the volume I need.

Operating condition is perfect – quiet and no hum. Because I have used other amps from time to time, the hours on this amp are definitely low for its age. Physical condition is good but definitely not mint.  Similar to many Audio Research amps of this era, some of the thin barriers surrounding the speaker terminals have come off.  This is not a problem at all so long as you use the right size speaker cable spades.

The original box and manual are included.

Price is $1100 firm.

My e-mail is ljscommerce-audio@yahoo.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.