Avantgarde Zero 1 Loudspeakers

Home Forums General Discussion Avantgarde Zero 1 Loudspeakers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KenKagawa 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

RobC
    Participant

Hello Audiophiles,

Any other hornspeaker enthusiasts in SFAS?  I have really liked the Avantgarde line of horns ever since I heard the Trios at, I think it was the HE 2003 Show in San Francisco (June 5-8 at the Westin St. Francis).  This prompted me to dash out and buy a pair of Duos which I have been enjoying for more than 10 years.  So I was really intrigued when I read this review of the new AG Zero 1.  But alas, there are no AG dealers in the Bay Area.  Then, by luck, I was put in touch with the new North American distributor for the Zero 1 and suggested they exhibit at the CAS this year.  They got back to me a few days ago to let me know they have booked room 307!  The Zero 1’s will be playing analog, CD, and computer audio.

Hope to see some of you at the show!

Rob C

jazzfan
    jazzfan
    Participant

Hi RobC,

My only experience with horns was with Altec Lancing Voice of the Theater and Kliphhorns back in the 70s. I had a chance to listen to the Avantgarde Zero One at the CAS 2015 show last weekend and thought they were quite good given the musical selection used, and surprisingly small compared to the monster boxes I’m familiar with from the past. Interesting marriage of digital technology with horns. The $21k price tag was a surprise.

David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

My wife, Deb, and I heard the Zero 1 at the 2015 CAS also and were very impressed with their sound and styling.

Zero 1 at CAS 2015

I never thought that Avantgarde would produce a “lifestyle” loudspeaker, but the Zero 1 seems to be it.  🙂

Super cool technology with digital room correction and crossovers implemented using FIR filters (my personal favorite) gave Avantgarde an unfair advantage to getting great sound in a hotel room vs. the less advanced competition who had to work with passive room treatments alone.

If I were seriously considering purchasing these, the only thing that would give me pause is concern over eventual obsolescence since digital technology changes so quickly.  One would hope that they have been built in a modular way that enables easy updates, but at this price-point, it’s best to confirm before purchasing.

Luan Do, Sales Manager at Sound Decisions Audio in Las Gatos could probably help address that concern if you’re interested.

KenKagawa
    Participant

I thought it had the best sound of anything in the show.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.