Call to Evolution Acoustics MMMicro One Owners

Home Forums Help Needed Call to Evolution Acoustics MMMicro One Owners

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by jazzfan jazzfan 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    jazzfan
    jazzfan
    Participant

I’m interested in the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne speaker which began shipping in 2012. I’ve only found two formal reviews on these speakers:

Photo Credit: Evolution Acoustics

I’m wondering if any SFAS members have first hand experience with these speakers. If you do, please contact me. I’d like to get you thoughts on this relatively new speaker to the audiophile market.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by jazzfan jazzfan.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by jazzfan jazzfan.
    David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

That’s certainly a pretty loudspeaker. Let me know if you find some to listen to. I’ll look for them at T.H.E. Show in June.

jazzfan
    jazzfan
    Participant

I was hoping to hear them at T.H.E. Show as well, but unfortunately, Evolution Acoustics is not listed as an exhibitor this year.

Albikes
    Participant

Hello JazzFan!

I was lucky last year at Newport to have an essentially private and extended listening session with the MM2 Exact’s. I felt they gave some of the best sound at the show!

Also in attendance was the speaker designer, who described production process, choices, and crossover design. The components are, as well as the resultant sound reproduction is, impressive. Considering the top of the speakers are the same between MM1 and MM2’s, I think you would be making fine decision to own the Evolution Acoustic speakers.

Let us know if you go that way, I’d love to take a look and listen.

Albert Dall

SFAS – Director, Amplification Research

jazzfan
    jazzfan
    Participant

Hi Albert,

Thanks for the feedback. Based my research, some input from another SFAS member, and a bit of luck, I was fortunate enough to come across a used pair, so I decided to take the plunge. The speakers are scheduled to arrive later this week. I’ll keep you posted.

jazzfan
    jazzfan
    Participant

Initial Impression Update

I’ve only had the MMMicro One for 24 hours, but already I’m left with a remarkably memorable impression. So much so that even now I’m prepared to say, the MMMicro One is the “best” monitor I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing in my PC based system, and this is not by a small amount mind you, but by a significant margin. I could not be more pleased with my decision to go with the MMMicro One.

The following is a list of speakers I’ve had in my system over the past few years, listed in increasing order of preference:

KEF LS50 w/sub < Mini Magnapans w/sub < Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 w/sub < MMMicro One wo/sub < MMMicro One w/sub

Sub: JLAudio f113

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for feedback regarding these speakers.

Stephane
    Participant

These are great speakers, amazingly detailed yet very musical and CRAZY value. They mate beautifully with Dartzeel amplifiers … Not entirely crazy about their stands, very heavy cast iron, a little high for my seating position, and that leave cables hanging in the back from the speaker posts, but for the money you can’t have it all.

jazzfan
    jazzfan
    Participant

Hi Stephane,

I completely agree! These speakers are an amazing value and I’m glad I was able to find them. I also found the angle of the stands too high, but I was able to tilt the speakers forward by adding a12″ long 2×2″ block under the rear of the base. With the added block, I could easily adjust the speaker angle by sliding the block forward or back.

Lastly, good amplification is key to getting the most from these speakers. They can sound a bit thin, one dimensional and lifeless if not matched with a high quality amp.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.