Finally Signed Up as a Member!

Home Forums Introductions Finally Signed Up as a Member!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by David Snyder David Snyder 2 weeks ago.

• Author

skernes
    Participant

After years of silently observing the goings-on in this group, I’m pleased to say I  finally got around to becoming a member.

I have had a particularly strong interest in both music and music reproduction for as long as I can remember. 35 years or so.

I have tried my hand at making music. I have even worked in the event ticketing industry to stay close to the music.

My dad is an audiophile. Many of my positive childhood memories revolve around music and music reproduction equipment. Starting in the 70’s with GAS Ampzilla and Thoebe, and Altec Stonehenge III’s. To a variety of Mark Levenson, Nakamichi, and Magnipan gear.

Most recently I have been listening to music with a variety of gear from Parasound, Usher, Bryston, PS Audio, Benchmark, Audioquest, DIY First Watt, VPI, Nakamichi, Magnipan, Logitech, Sonos, Peachtree, Harbeth, Dynaudio, Mark Levenson, Esoteric, Oppo, TACT, Theta, HiFiMan, Seinhauser, and Aerial Acoustics.

I have started experimenting more with DIY gear Lately, really like what Nelson Pass has been up to with FirstWatt and PassDIY. My life tends to be so hectic that a couple hours here and there with a soldering iron can be quite therapeutic. And the time spent listening after can be just as rewarding 😉

I am also starting to make time to evaluate components more critically. I’d like to be able to slow down a bit and enjoy each component for its particular contributions rather than to always be on a quest to recreate particular auditory emotions.

Anyway, glad to be here!

David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

You have quite a history with audio equipment and sound reproduction. So glad to have you as part of the SFAS! I’m looking forward to meeting you at one of our events…or sometime between them. Cheers.

— David

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.