FS: Per Madsen "RACKIT" record racks storage system – $300

Home Forums Buy and Sell Locally FS: Per Madsen "RACKIT" record racks storage system – $300

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wilson 4 months ago.

• Author

Brent
    Participant

For sale are 6 original Per Madsen “RACKIT” record racks in perfect condition. While Per retired and no longer manufactures these, the have been continued by TwoCan HiFi in Oregon (see http://twocanhifi.com/). They sell for $99 each if buying 3 or more plus $75 for each top.

I have 6 racks ($600) plus 3 tops ($225) and paid over $800 for these new. They are stackable so can be assembled in a variety of configurations.

From the Website:

Each rack holds around 100 non-gatefold albums, with mix of double and non-gatefold in poly sleeves 75-80 is more comfortable. Not only do these racks look great in any home or office, the modular design allows additional units to be stacked on top or at the side of existing racks. If you need to move the rack there is no need to unload the rack; just pick up each rack and move it to the new location.

Racks can be stacked up to 6 high (review important safety information below). A stack or tower, of 5 racks high x 9 feet wide (6 towers) holds up to 3000 albums wire dividers help support your precious albums in a less than full rack. I use 1/8? stainless steel rod that keeps its shape better than the original wire used. For those that have the original dividers and want a consistent appearance I can supply additional dividers at US$9.95/pair (discounts for quantities 5 and up apply). It should be noted that they are not noticeable when the rack is full of LP’s.

Rack Dimensions (nominal):

Width = 18? (internal width — 16.5?)
    height = 14? (internal height -12.9? or 12.7? with top panel fitted)
    Depth = 13.75? (internal depth — 12.45?)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Brent.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Wilson
    Participant

Hi,

has this been sold?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.