German Guitarist Extraordinaire Uli Jon Roth Coming Soon!!!

Home Forums General Discussion German Guitarist Extraordinaire Uli Jon Roth Coming Soon!!!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by anomaly7 anomaly7 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Bond_fan
    Participant

Wasn’t sure if this is the best place to post German Guitarist Extraordinaire Uli Jon Roth‘s latest tour, but here it is.  If anyone has a better suggestion where to post this for maximum exposure I’m listening…

Uli Jon Roth (http://www.ulijonroth.com/) is a neo-classical rock guitarist hailing from Germany.  His current tour is The Triple Anniversary World Tour 2018 featuring a three hour show featuring an Electric Sun Reborn Set, as well as songs from Tokyo Tapes Revisited.

Electric Sun was Roth’s solo project following his stint as the lead guitarist for the Scorpions, and Tokyo Tapes was a set of Scorpions and cover tunes performed and recorded live in Tokyo Japan during 1978…

As part of a few of his special VIP Packages, he will be performing, “a private performance of the stunning Metamorphosis Concerto by Uli and his musicians.  “Metamorphosis” is Uli’s riveting interpretation of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons, which is followed by an original guitar concerto of his own.  This has not been performed since 2004!

Roth will be playing four shows on his Northern California leg of this tour:

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 – The Catalyst, Santa Cruz, CA

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 – Mystic Theater, Petaluma, CA

Thursday, June 14, 2018 – Cornerstone, Berkeley, CA

Friday, June 15, 2018 – Holy Diver, Sacramento, CA

Uli Jon Roth Cornerstone Poster

I consider Roth one of my Top Five guitarist in the world and have seen him play at least seven times or more.  Lost track…Lol!

I recommend SFAS members to please check out Roth’s music on-line, watch his interviews, and then please come to see as many shows you can attend!  I’ll be attending at least two of the shows, because I enjoy talking to Roth, who I consider a friend.

Roth is playing a few small venues, and offering a chance to meet him with various meet & greet packages (http://www.ulijonroth.com/shop/category/16-vip-passes-for-the-triple-anniversary-tour-2018).  I’ll be doing the Triple Platinum package again this year!

I hope to see some of you there!

Uli Jon Roth Double Neck Guitar

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Bond_fan. Reason: Updated information and added photos
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Bond_fan.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Bond_fan. Reason: Added images
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bond_fan
    Participant

Wanted to add Roth had just completed a tour as a member of G3, our own Bay Area’s guitarist Joe Satriani’s project with John Petrucci of Dream Theater.

G3

Interview with Roth, by MetalTalk.net Interview With Uli Jon Roth By Mark Taylor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BUc3L2v72o

A Night With Billy Corgan and Uli Jon Roth (Full) – 2008:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Bond_fan.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Bond_fan.

Bond_fan
    Participant

Sorry to to inform everyone that Uli has postponed his North America tour due to visa issues!!!

Dear Friends,

We’re very sorry, but our Tour of North America will have to be postponed now until a later date.

We are forced to do this, because our work Visas unfortunately didn’t get issued on time to do this tour. As soon as we have the Visas cleared we will set up replacement dates and will keep you posted. All VIP passes will remain valid indefinitely until we get to play these shows. We hope that your schedule allows you to attend these new dates!
    <div class=”text_exposed_show”>

We were all really looking forward to playing this special Triple Anniversary program for you!
    But I promise we will make this happen as soon as possible.

The Visa situation has been getting worse year after year in recent times and this makes it very difficult for foreign artists to perform in the US now. The same thing is currently happening to a lot of other artists, too, and several tours like ours had to be cancelled last minute at great expense to the bands and their American partners.
    We were told by an immigration lawyer, the percentage of work Visas to the US not being issued on time has suddenly increased by 1400 % (!!!) since February this year… If this is true, this figure speaks for itself. It seems, now for the first time, we are caught out by this, too. (There was a Visa delay on a tour with Yngwie in 2014 which resulted in a cancellation for me, but that was because of technical reasons and the Visa was not denied.)

We have played everything by the book, applied as early as we could, paid to have our Visas expedited, employed the best immigration attorneys, have moved mountains, jumped through a veritable amount of hoops and STILL got delayed this year so far! …

We are confident that the Visas will come through sooner or later, but until then we must be patient and move on to other things. I know that some of you had already booked flights and hotels, which must be very disappointing and annoying. I’m truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you!

Please keep your fingers crossed that we receive the work Visas soon!
    Stay tuned!

Your friend
    Uli

</div>

anomaly7
    anomaly7
    Participant

Great write up and great post.

We’re working on updating our web hosting platform so that in the future members will be able to get notifications when there are new posts- such as yours, that are time sensitive and of interest.

Keep us updated!

David

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.