New SF member

Home Forums Introductions New SF member

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pdemasco 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

pdemasco
    Participant

Hello fellow members. I joined last year but only recently moved to San Francisco from Boston (via a 10 month “temporary” stay in Cupertino).

I love music first and foremost and as a consequence have been a lifelong audiophile starting with a Garrard TT, Kenwood integrated amp and Advent speakers in the 70s progressing to my current system which consists a JA Michell  TT,  Mac/Weiss/Amarra digital front end, VAC integrated amp and Nola speakers.

I look forward to meeting other members of the group!

Patrick Demasco

PS: For off list contact you can prepend my user name to “@icloud.com”

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  pdemasco.
    David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Let me be among the first to welcome you to the SFAS! I think you’ll like it here. Our website is not as active as most on-line audiophile hangouts (although I’m working behind the scenes to improve that some), but the real action in the SFAS is at face-to-face meetups. We typically have one large event each month, but between events, club members fairly regularly hang out in each other’s listening rooms sharing good times and great music.

SFAS members are fairly spread-out over the bay area, but the good news is that there are probably one or two members nearby.

Members Map

I’m in the south bay (North San Jose/Alviso), so if you’re ever in the area, I’d love to have you over for a listening session sometime soon. My system is perhaps relatively entry-level as SFAS systems go, but room treatments and digital room correction help it to punch much higher than its weight. You can read more about it in the forums here. I’m looking forward to meeting you!

— David

pdemasco
    Participant

Thank you very much David.

I work in Cupertino, so I’d love to come by some time! I’m still getting my system set-up in our new significantly down-sized environment but when I’m happy with it I’d look forward to reciprocating.

I look forward to going to the face-to-face meetings!

Regards,

Patrick

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.