Player for SACD Ripping

Home Forums Help Needed Player for SACD Ripping

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by David Snyder David Snyder 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

S Koons
    Participant

Some months ago I asked if anyone wanted share a robot CD drive for batch ripping.  No luck there, but that project is almost over.  Anyone want the drive?

The next project is to rip a smaller number of SACDs.  So far, I’ve ripped only the CD layer of hybrid disks.  Some of you may have tried (or heard about) using older PS3s for this, but most of those are in shaky condition.  Computeraudiophile.com has detailed a method of ripping SACDs using certain SACD compatible blu ray players.  The least expensive tested unit that is still available new is a Pioneer Elite for $280- $300.  Another one that some members may have is the Oppo BDP-103.  I’ll try this request again.  Is anyone interested in sharing a Pioneer that one of us would purchase, or sharing an Oppo that you may have already?

Thanks,

– Steve

David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

Google helped me to locate the thread:  SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it’s true!

Interesting. I only own ten or so SACD discs. I’ve never heard the SACD layer since I don’t own a compatible player. It would be nice to be able to extract the bits that I have paid for so that I could play them in JRiver, etc. But I don’t have enough discs to justify purchasing a Pioneer BDP-170 or similar. Following this thread with interest…

S Koons
    Participant

OK.  Given that the response here has been only crickets (and David’s 10 SACDs), I ordered a Pioneer BDP-80FD.  Contact me if you’d like to borrow it.

– Steve

David Snyder
    David Snyder
    Keymaster

Cool…sounds like a fun project. Let me know how it goes or if I can help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.