SOTA Sapphire and upgrades – $675

Home Forums Buy and Sell Locally SOTA Sapphire and upgrades – $675

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Jay_S Jay_S 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Jay_S
    Jay_S
    Participant

FS: SOTA Sapphire Series II turntable, with extras, $675

The turntable comes with the following:

Sumiko Premier MMT arm with high quality upgraded Sumiko headshell (HS-12)

Original arm-board

Sumiko tonearm cable

SOTA Supermat

SOTA Reflex Clamp

Sumiko Analog Survival Kit tonearm damping kit

Original power supply

Custom high quality dust cover.  The original SOTA dust cover was made of thin tinted plastic.  I replaced this with a beautiful high quality clear cover that I had custom made to fit the SOTA.  The new dust cover is thick and heavy, and therefore, I have not attempted to mount it on the original hinge anchors.

2 sets of “feet” – original and metal cones

Original box and packaging

Condition and disclosure:  Everything is sold as-is.  This SOTA turntable looks great and everything is functional.  I am the original owner.  Though I have not used it for many hours over the years (particularly the last few years), I need to be clear that the turntable is in good condition but is not mint or collector quality.  In particular, the small plastic clip on the tonearm rest that secures the MMT arm when not in use came off some time ago. This has no effect on normal use of the arm but needs to be disclosed.  Second, please be aware that the turntable was manufactured in the 1980s and I’ve never sent it back to the factory for an inspection or tune-up.

Reason for selling:  I want to upgrade.  The current models by SOTA and others have superior speed stability and other improvements.

The $675 price is firm, and is a very fair considering the included items.  The current SOTA Sapphire Series V lists for $3100 without arm.   The Series V continues to use the “floating seismic platform” suspension and includes the I-clamp record clamp.  I am including the higher grade SOTA reflex clamp, which sells for $270 new.  The included Sumiko Premier MMT arm was made by Jelco.  The Sumiko headshell allows for adjustable azimuth and the current price of a new one at Amazon is $90.  The custom dust cover sells for $150 – $200.

SOTA still makes the Sapphire and can upgrade any older model to current specifications.

I’m happy to send pictures upon request.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Jay_S Jay_S.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Jay_S Jay_S.
    Jay_S
    Jay_S
    Participant

The SOTA has been sold.  Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.