July 27, 2016 at 1:15 pm #4795
My Woo Audio WA5-LE headphone amplifier has been sitting unused in storage for two years, so I’ve finally decided to offer it for sale. The WA5-LE is a Single-Ended Triode (SET) Class A design. I’m the original owner of this black, two chassis, factory upgraded unit purchased in 03/2011. This is an original first generation WA5-LE that includes stock tubes. The amp retailed for $4450 including factory upgrades – for details see below. Reviews of this amp from Head-Fi members can be found here.
I’m looking for a quick sale and asking $2250 for the package described below. Auditions available upon request. I’m only looking to sell locally to SFAS members at this time. Buyers will receive free delivery within the Bay Area. SFAS members will also receive, for FREE, six Herbie’s Audio Lab Tube Dampeners with a total retail value of $287. Premium power, driver and rectifier tubes are also available for sale separately and are listed below.
WA5-LE Package (original version)
- WA5-LE (Black) Orig. $2500
- Premium parts upgrade Orig. $1,100
- Teflon tube sockets upgrade Orig. $150
- Alps RK50 premium potentiometer upgrade Orig. $700
- Stock tubes (included)
Orig. Upgrade Subtotal $1950
Total Orig. Retail Value $4450
For sale asking $2250
- Emission Labs(EML) 300B Mesh Plate matched pair – For Sale $390 pair (original owner)
- Emission Labs(EML) 5U4G Mesh Plate matched pair – For Sale $265 pair (original owner)
- KEN-RAD 6SN7GT VT-231 (6SN7) Black Glass – For Sale $150 pair
- Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z (6SN7) matched pair – For Sale $160 pair
If you love headphones and would like to enjoy the sound of a well designed 300B based SET tube amplifier, this is your opportunity to purchase an original WA5-LE at a fraction of current retail.
Thank you for your interest.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.