Equipment Repair and Service
- Berkeley Stereo has a good repair tech named Kent Leech. He is especially adept at restoring older tube gear. http://www.berkeleystereo.com/
- True Sound in Campbell. Nick Gowan is a competent technician that works on tube and solid-state gear. https://tsound.com/
- Matt Householder, firstname.lastname@example.org. Electrical engineer, works out of home in SF. Works mostly on the older gear (90’s and back). Tube gear and has a real love for turntables. (415) 516-7562
- Speaker Re-coning, Audivex, Dan, (510)-527-1391, 1345-A Martin Luther King at Rose, Berkeley. Wed. – Sat. noon to 6:00.
- Eric Mannon, MCIaudio, www.mciaudio.com. Rebuilding crossovers, capacitor replacement and upgrades, repair of compression drivers and horns, equipment liquidation.
- Turntable and Cartridge set-up, A/V Solutions, Pleasanton. Jeff Whitlock is great to work with.
- Reel to Reel Tape Deck repair and calibration by Bay Area Studio Engineering: http://analogrules.com/
- Reel to Reel Tape Deck repair and overhaul by the Reel Pro Sound Guys: http://reelprosoundguys.com/
- Nakamichi Cassette Deck repair and service: https://www.willyhermannservices.com/index.html
- Scott Frankland – vintage SS and tube gear in San Jose: https://scottfrankland.com/