SFAS members attending this fun and informative event were able to listen at 10 different headphone stations, which included the following:
– Audeze models LCD-4z, LCD-3, LCD-2 and LCD-XC
– Mr Speakers models Ether 2 and Aeon Flow
– Grado GS3000e
Schiit Amps and DACs
– Jotunheim Multibit
Parasound Headphone Amps:
– Zdac V.2 (four!)
Pass Labs Amp
Plus two members brought their setups:
Larry G. brought:
- STAX SRM-727 Mk II Amp
- STAX SR-009S Electrostatic Headphones
- Audioquest Nighthawk Headphones (Discontinued)
- Benchmark DAC1Pre USB DAC (Discontinued)
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Source (for FLAC/Tidal)
- Cavalli Liquid Gold Amp (no longer in production)
- Focal Utopia headphones
- Pono DAC as a source
Alón was seen going from station to station with his AKG K702 reference headphones (Alon sporting some Audeze below) and enjoying himself immensely.
Everyone seemed to really enjoy the opportunity to sample such a wide array of quality headphones, amplifiers and DACs.
SFAS would like to convey a tremendous amount of thanks to Schiit (who also provided four fully loaded Mac Book Pros), Pass Labs and Parasound for loaning us the equipment – we could not have had such a successful event without their generosity!