- This event has passed.
Music Streaming De-Mystified
February 22 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$10
Members are invited to hear David Snyder discuss everything you need to know on how to get started or refine your system’s ability to stream music. David Snyder has worked in computer engineering for nearly thirty years and is passionate about applying his understanding of computer architecture and engineering to the art of digital audio playback. Come and listen to him share from his experiences as he describes how you can get the most out of streaming audio from a perspective that is well-grounded in the technological developments that got us from the dark ages of computer audio to where we are today.
David will touch on the following topics:
- What is streaming?
- What is needed for streaming?
- Where does the music come from? (Tidal, Spotify, iTunes, Qobuz, ripped files, etc.)
- How to get the files to your stereo (hardware requirements and internet connection)
- Do I need a computer?
- How to play your music
- Music file resolution – what’s it all about? MP3, CD quality, high resolution, MQA, DSD.
- Connectivity – ethernet cable vs wireless, USB vs SPDIF
- What is “bit-perfect” and “gapless playback” and why are they so difficult to achieve?
- Why do vinyl records, SACDs, and even CDs often sound better than streaming (and what to do about it)?
Come join us for this informative event and get your questions answered about streaming music.
Enter number of tickets you'd like below: