Convergent Audio Technology (CAT) JL3 mk II monoblocks

Home Forums Buy and Sell Locally Convergent Audio Technology (CAT) JL3 mk II monoblocks

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      jac559
      Participant

I’m selling a pair of CAT JL3 amps on behalf of my best friend’s widow. He was the second owner but the original owner shipped them to CAT for a complete checkout and minor upgrade. They are in great shape recently checked out by a local technician. All 32 output tubes are Winged C 6550’s and test good. These originally sold for over $30,000. Asking $12,000 or best offer.. Additional 3% if paying by PayPal. They weigh over 150 lbs apiece, so while I have the original boxes, I prefer a local sale since shipping will require using pallets and trucking. They are located in Kingsburg CA, about 20 miles south of Fresno. Could arrange to meet in Northern or Southern CA for an additional fee.

The JL3 were CAT’s statement power amplifier. With its massive 50 lb output transformer and pure Class A tube triode configuration, the JL3 drives any transducers with ease. The JL3s challenge single ended triodes for midrange directness and vibrancy, and they also challenge the best solid state amplifiers for bass authority and control. Transparency, soundstaging, dynamics, purity, life – the JL3 redefines not only what a tube amplifier should be – but what any amplifier should be.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.