Pair of restored Magnepan MG II A—free or…?

Home Forums Buy and Sell Locally Pair of restored Magnepan MG II A—free or…?

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

These have been picked up and no longer available from me.

About three years ago I inherited my late father’s Magnepan MGII A speakers. Brought them all the way back to the Bay Area from Nebraska. I redid the crossovers with updated caps and reglued part of the bass section of one of the panels. The other panel had been back to the factory probably 15 years previous and didn’t need any glue work.
      The only problem with them is that I made the mistake of washing the socks on the speakers so…of course they shrank a little bit. They look great except at the very bottom the fabric barely reaches where it supposed to go.
      They sound incredible. I have them dialed in on both my adcom gfa and even better on my new hypex based amp. As you probably know, they need a lot of current.

They have little resale value but get you a lot of the magnepan sound for the price of you coming over and picking them up.
      That’s right. I hope to give them away to a SFAS member. Or lending them out. Whatever works for you. I need the space and would love to see someone else enjoy them for a change.
      I haven’t taken pictures yet but can if anyone is interested.

Gregory Morgan
      Participant

Are these still available? thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes in fact they are. You are welcome to come check them out. I’m in El Cerrito.

Gregory Morgan
      Participant

I’m in San Pablo. I can pick them up later this week. I may need to take more than one trip to pick them up as I have a car, which may only accommodate one with the rear seat folded dowm. I’ve always wanted to try a pair of Maggies an I also know another person in the group that want to try them. My direct email is gmorgan@berkeley.edu

Cheers,

Gregory

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, Harry Max here. Are they gone ;-( ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Harry,
      Sorry, they are in fact gone. Gregory picked them up a few weeks ago. I forgot to edit the original post.
      thanks,
      Sheldon

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.