Streaming Ripped Content

Home Forums Digital Discussion Forum Streaming Ripped Content

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Francesca Scalpi
      Participant

I have a huge library of ripped content. In addition to the ripped library by artist I created folders such as British 80″s. In the British 80’s folder I would have my favorite bands. I also had a favorite 80’s singles folder. I own the content and I am not paying a streaming service to listen to it. I have created a catalogue that I prefer instead of a catalogue from a streaming service. If the streaming service goes away I still have my originals and my ripped content. My system is in the members audio system folder for you to view.

My choice of the RUBY SACD / DAC was playback of SACD/CD and compilations on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM. Isolation of USB and digital inputs to block noise from connected sources.I like the sound from the Marantz Musical Mastering “MMM-Stream” up-sampling to DSD and filtering. The SA-KI Ruby supports FLAC files from 44.1kHz to 192kHz at up to 24-bit resolution, DSD2.8MHz and DSD 5.6MHz, ALAC (Apple Lossless), AIFF and MP3 files. Creating and playing hi-res disc compilations.

Ripping software: Today I use dBpoweramp.
      Hardware: Intel(R) Core(TM) 19-7940X CPU @ 3.10GHz, 14 Cores, 28 Threads
      64.0 GB Ram
      64-bit Operating System
      Window 10 Pro

LUMIN L1 UPnP server with 5TB of storage. Audio file formats DSD Lossless, PCM Lossless and Compressed LOSSY Audio.

I ripped the music in a FLAC format on the computer using dBpoweramp to an high speed internal drive. The dBPoweramp software utilizes the 14 cores when ripping the music. I then hook the LUMIN L1 up to the computer with a USB cable and add the new ripped content. The L1 is connected to the network and is seen by the LUMIN UI Mini for playback. In the LUMIN AP on my tablet I select the library on the L1 to select the music I want to play.

The LUMIN U1 Mini sends the signal to the Marantz Ruby SACD / DAC.

Francesca Scalpi.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      jazzfan
      Participant

Nice setup. I’m looking into picking up a good Roon endpoint and I was considering the LUMIN U1 Mini. Did you compare the U1 Mini to other devices on the market?

Francesca Scalpi
      Participant

Thanks for your comment.
      Because I had a specific budget, already had the DAC in the Marantz SACD/DAC, and did not want the internal storage. I just wanted a Audiophile streaming transport only. I was primarily going to use it to stream my existing ripped files with occasionally using a service to explore new music. I wasn’t interested is Roon and paying for another service. The Lumin ap is free and works with their products. The Lumin U1 Mini took some technology from the U1 and the Lumin D2. The LUMIN interface I checked out through YouTube video and looked adequate. The Aurender N10 Music Server was over my budget and had internal storage. When I look at other products they either where all in one, DAC / streamer etc.
      Read several positive post on the Lumin products from end users so I was comfortable with selected the U1 Mini. Been using it for several months and I am really happy with it.
      I was working with Taylor from Goldprint Audio on some of my other items. Once I settled on the Lumin U1 Mini which he carried he gave me a price that fit into my budget.

jazzfan
      Participant

Gear that you like at the right price… what’s not to like. Once I make a decision, I’ll let you know what I choose.

Now for my shameless self-promotion. I’m always looking to expand my knowledge of artists and music. If you’re interested in doing the same, I welcome you to join my “What album are you listening to now?” thread. I haven’t posted much in the past few months, but I’m going to try to post more frequently. Anyway, listen to a few and share a few just for fun. You might find you like it.

Just posted this tonight.

Francesca Scalpi
      Participant

I just added two new albums that I am listening to now on your forum. Thanks for the suggestion.
      Francesca

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      jazzfan
      Participant

You’re welcome and thanks for joining the the topic!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.